About Me

My photo
Many things (both good and less good) have happened in my life lately, so in November 2013 I decided to take a break from the "Corporate world" to sort out my life situation. One of many things that I decided to do was to learn more about cooking, because food has always been a passion of mine. From my native Vietnam to my home country Norway, my life journey has taken me to many beautiful countries such as Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, Australia, Malaysia, where I truly got exposed to the food culture, which may reflect in my home-cooked dishes. With this site, I hope to inspire and encourage you to take a break (short, long, or very long - you decide) and do what you love doing but that you haven't set a date for. Just do it, make it happen :) Kort oppsummert: Norsk-Vietnameser i Paris pa jakt etter mening med livet...

Thursday 5 February 2015

Cycle4Girls Day 4 Dong Hoi - 80km

We started the day with a quick visit to a different Plan office, Vietnam Plan office in Quang Binh province. Here we learned about Plan's programmes implemented. We also learned about the Ruc people in Vietnam. See my separate post about this mysterious tribe.

Plan Vietnam Program Unit office in Quand Binh Province
From there we jumped on our bikes and enjoyed the ride through beautiful sceneries such as rice paddies. Despite rain and slippery hills (up and down), our mood has not left us. 
rice paddies
We passed by the Phong Nha - Ke Bang, a national park noted for its cave and grotto system and is listed as UNESCO World Heritage Site. Ruc people still live in this national park. 

Phong Nha - Ke Bang National Park
Unfortunately due to unforeseen circumstances, we did not get to visit any cave :( Another occasion maybe?
Plan Netherlands Embassador Daphne Bunskoek stopping for a chat and snack break 
wet and cold but smiling
55 km from Laotian border
good mood

No comments:

Post a Comment