About Me

My photo
Many things (both good and less good) have happened in my life lately, so in November 2013 I decided to take a break from the "Corporate world" to sort out my life situation. One of many things that I decided to do was to learn more about cooking, because food has always been a passion of mine. From my native Vietnam to my home country Norway, my life journey has taken me to many beautiful countries such as Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, Australia, Malaysia, where I truly got exposed to the food culture, which may reflect in my home-cooked dishes. With this site, I hope to inspire and encourage you to take a break (short, long, or very long - you decide) and do what you love doing but that you haven't set a date for. Just do it, make it happen :) Kort oppsummert: Norsk-Vietnameser i Paris pa jakt etter mening med livet...

Friday 9 January 2015

Mandoobar - In mood for Korean

Mandobar is a small Korean foodbar located on Paris 8th district. The bar counter sits 10-12 and there are only a few items on their menu, which is a good thing because it means more dedication for each item.

I am a fan of pure yet flavourful food. When I read a recipe that contains 30 ingredients, I wonder who will be able to identify and appreciate when it all comes together in my mouth. You are a food genius if you can master this blending technique. Too many places overdo the ingredients and the end result is often too complex and not even tasty. Not at Mandoobar. 
 
Hand cut tuna tartar
The food is fresh, simple yet subtle. There are 3 main ingredients in their hand cut beef and tuna tartar, yet they taste completely different. The dumplings with kimchi filling was soft and mildly spicy. Very nice. Salad is fresh. Loved the Korean green tea, which was served in 3 rounds (small tea cups).
 
Call to book in advance.
7 rue d’Edimbourg, 8th Arrondissement, Tel.01-55-06-08-53.Metro: Europe, Saint Lazare or Liege. Closed Saturday lunch and Sunday. Average 25 Euros.
Dumpling preparation
Hand cut beef tartar with oil, soy, madagascar pepper
steaming section
Chef Kim preparing tuna and beef tartar

No comments:

Post a Comment