About Me

My photo
Many things (both good and less good) have happened in my life lately, so in November 2013 I decided to take a break from the "Corporate world" to sort out my life situation. One of many things that I decided to do was to learn more about cooking, because food has always been a passion of mine. From my native Vietnam to my home country Norway, my life journey has taken me to many beautiful countries such as Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, Australia, Malaysia, where I truly got exposed to the food culture, which may reflect in my home-cooked dishes. With this site, I hope to inspire and encourage you to take a break (short, long, or very long - you decide) and do what you love doing but that you haven't set a date for. Just do it, make it happen :) Kort oppsummert: Norsk-Vietnameser i Paris pa jakt etter mening med livet...

Saturday 17 January 2015

Rue Sainte-Anne: Higuma

It's become our weekend routine to head out for Japanese or Korean lunch, and the best place for this is Rue Saint-Anne. It's not fine dining, but popular eateries that serve steamy hot noodle soups and other nice treats at reasonable prices. However, it's popular to eat in this area, so be prepared to line up.

This time we paid Higuma a visit. Old place with about 100 coverts (?), established since 1984 in Paris, so a known place to locals. Food was nice, but no wow factor for me. Didn't expect and didn't get much service.


We had: Kimchi ramen (good broth), miso ramen (good broth), gyoza (ok), fried rice (good), coke, green tea.
Bill: 28 euros
Personal overall rating: (3 out of 5)

Would not return if I didn't have to, because there are better places for ramen :)

Happy weekend!

Stay tuned for new discoveries,
Maison Emil Paris
open kitchen so your clothes will smell food if you sit at counter :)
kimchi ramen - spicy but not too hot

fried rice was tasty and not oily at all

No comments:

Post a Comment