About Me

My photo
Many things (both good and less good) have happened in my life lately, so in November 2013 I decided to take a break from the "Corporate world" to sort out my life situation. One of many things that I decided to do was to learn more about cooking, because food has always been a passion of mine. From my native Vietnam to my home country Norway, my life journey has taken me to many beautiful countries such as Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, Australia, Malaysia, where I truly got exposed to the food culture, which may reflect in my home-cooked dishes. With this site, I hope to inspire and encourage you to take a break (short, long, or very long - you decide) and do what you love doing but that you haven't set a date for. Just do it, make it happen :) Kort oppsummert: Norsk-Vietnameser i Paris pa jakt etter mening med livet...

Friday 23 May 2014

Regional Cuisine - Lyon & Rhone-Alpes

Lyon, capital of Rhone-Alpes region, is today known for its gastronomy. One of the reasons is that two of the finest wine growing regions are located nearby. Lyon is home to many finest chefs in France, such as Paul Bocuse, and many traditional dishes such as Bresse poultry, charcuterie, andouillette, and many other local specialities. But textile and silk trading was Lyon's main industry in early 19 century :) 

We got to cook and enjoyed tasting the following dishes:
  • Cervelle de canut (literally mean "silk worker's brain") - a cheese spread 
  • Cervelas pistache brioche in wine sauce
  • Gateau de foie de volaille (custard tart made of chicken liver) in crayfish bisque
  • Poulard de Bresse poached in stock with morel sauce and spring vegetables
  • Tiramisu with red fruit and ice cream
See my article about chicken de Bresse here.

Pick of flavour: Cervelle de canut - very fresh cream cheese spread

Happy reading,
Maison Emil Paris :)

Cheese spread made of fromage blanc and many herbs
Brioche with cervelat sausage in wine sauce
Cervelat sausage with pistache
Chicken liver custard in crayfish
Poularde de Bresse Demi Deuil
Silky smooth skin - a sign of quality
Red fruit tiramisu

No comments:

Post a Comment