About Me

My photo
Many things (both good and less good) have happened in my life lately, so in November 2013 I decided to take a break from the "Corporate world" to sort out my life situation. One of many things that I decided to do was to learn more about cooking, because food has always been a passion of mine. From my native Vietnam to my home country Norway, my life journey has taken me to many beautiful countries such as Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, Australia, Malaysia, where I truly got exposed to the food culture, which may reflect in my home-cooked dishes. With this site, I hope to inspire and encourage you to take a break (short, long, or very long - you decide) and do what you love doing but that you haven't set a date for. Just do it, make it happen :) Kort oppsummert: Norsk-Vietnameser i Paris pa jakt etter mening med livet...

Saturday 12 April 2014

3rd Lunch and Dinner service @Le Premier

A very exhausting week is behind me. It's been very hectic with long days in the kitchen, but the more restaurant training, the more we learn. Personally I learn the most from these live cooking sessions. Why? Because I get involved in the whole process, from recipe review, planning, preparation, technique application and pre-cooking, to final cooking as the client's order comes in.

Lunch service on Tuesday (April 8) and dinner service on Wednesday (April 9) with the following menu:
  • Amuse bouche: Sweet onion tart, blood pudding filling, onion ice cream
  • Starter: Marbre de foie gras, confit de canard aux artichauts, salade jeune pousses
  • Fish: Seabass tartar, opaline Yuzu (citrus crystal candy), coconut sorbet
  • Meat: Free range chicken, cooked sous-vide (low temperature), shallot puree, spring vegetables
I was assigned to the meat station where I learned about cooking meat at low temperature (sous-vide technique), then roast the meat with butter for colour and flavour just before serving.

Amuse bouche - finalised dish
Amuse bouche - caramelised onion tart
Starter - foie gras slices to be baked just before serving
Starer - dish in preparation
Fish dish - tartar full of freshness
Meat dish - chicken sous-vide and then pan roasted in butter
Meat dish - tender and juicy chicken meat
Meat dish - garnish with attention to details
Some of my friends came for tasting and they liked everything but praised the foie gras dish. For recipe, contact me.

Happy reading,
Maison Emil Paris :)

No comments:

Post a Comment