About Me

My photo
Many things (both good and less good) have happened in my life lately, so in November 2013 I decided to take a break from the "Corporate world" to sort out my life situation. One of many things that I decided to do was to learn more about cooking, because food has always been a passion of mine. From my native Vietnam to my home country Norway, my life journey has taken me to many beautiful countries such as Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, Australia, Malaysia, where I truly got exposed to the food culture, which may reflect in my home-cooked dishes. With this site, I hope to inspire and encourage you to take a break (short, long, or very long - you decide) and do what you love doing but that you haven't set a date for. Just do it, make it happen :) Kort oppsummert: Norsk-Vietnameser i Paris pa jakt etter mening med livet...

Thursday 3 April 2014

East meets West and Art meets Food :)

Oh la la, it's getting busier as we move closer to the end of our programme - only 10 weeks left. Another lunch service at a fully booked restaurant. 57 guests have arrived to taste our two different lunch menus :)

Amuse bouche - East meet West
Starter - Tuna in Mondrian style
Fish - Red snapper, spring vegetables and mediterranean sauce
Meat - Roasted veal, vegetable millefeuille, spicy miso sauce
One of our chefs is inspired by the artworks of Piet Mondrian and M.C. Escher, which is of course reflected in some of the dishes above. The lunch menu offered by our chef and our group is a combination of East meets West, and Art meets Food :) Spring has fully arrived in Paris, so our dishes also contain elements of Spring vegetables such as fresh asparagus.
  • Amuse bouche - ginger carotte shrimp, green apple wasabi biscuit, fish bird style MC Escher 
  • Starter - Red tuna in Mondrian style
  • Fish - Red snapper, spring vegetables in mediterranean sauce
  • Meat - Roasted veal, roasted vegetable millefeuille, morel mushroom, spicy miso sauce
Happy reading,

Maison Emil Paris :)

No comments:

Post a Comment