About Me

My photo
Many things (both good and less good) have happened in my life lately, so in November 2013 I decided to take a break from the "Corporate world" to sort out my life situation. One of many things that I decided to do was to learn more about cooking, because food has always been a passion of mine. From my native Vietnam to my home country Norway, my life journey has taken me to many beautiful countries such as Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, Australia, Malaysia, where I truly got exposed to the food culture, which may reflect in my home-cooked dishes. With this site, I hope to inspire and encourage you to take a break (short, long, or very long - you decide) and do what you love doing but that you haven't set a date for. Just do it, make it happen :) Kort oppsummert: Norsk-Vietnameser i Paris pa jakt etter mening med livet...

Friday 28 March 2014

2nd Lunch and Dinner service @Le Premier

Here we go again, our second restaurant service training at Le Premier restaurant. We served lunch on Wednesday and dinner on Thursday, and it was challenging as usual, because the dishes were complex and required new technical skills.

Maison Emil's pick of flavour: Fried eggs - who knew that eggs could taste so nice :)
Fried egg - Photo by Thierry Delabre
This time I was allocated to the "Fish" station, and on top I was assigned the role as "Chef de Partie", meaning I had to pay attention to the order taking (table number and serving quantity), time management (time allocation during the order coming in and the dish going out at allocated table), collaboration with the other group working on a different "Fish" menu, and team management as we were three allocated to the Fish station.

Lessons learned from Wednesday cooking session were captured and improved on Thursday :) Improvement points: organisational and teamwork, time management, and communication skills with the other group.

Prepared and cooked by Group B (my group):
  • Amuse bouche: Oignons de Roscoff roti en tartiflette (Roscoff is a protected appellation for this particular sweet onion)
  • Starter: Cromesquis of snail and terrine of pork cheek and pork feet in truffle reduction 
  • Fish: Oeufs frits (deep fried eggs) en croute de noisette (hazelnuts), emulsion moules (mussels foam) and cockles reduction
  • Meat: Rables de lapin en porchetta and baked zitoni with parmesan and mascarpone (rabbit roll and zitoni pasta) - Italian inspired dish
Amuse bouche - roasted onion tartiflette
Cromesquis of snail and terrine of pork feet and cheek (photo by Thierry Delabre)
Fish - deep fried egg, mussel foam, vegetables in cockles sauce
Garnish for fried eggs
Meat - Rabbit roll with zigoni pasta

Thanks to Thierry Delabre for sharing his beautiful photos with our class.

Happy cooking,

Maison Emil Paris

No comments:

Post a Comment