About Me

My photo
Many things (both good and less good) have happened in my life lately, so in November 2013 I decided to take a break from the "Corporate world" to sort out my life situation. One of many things that I decided to do was to learn more about cooking, because food has always been a passion of mine. From my native Vietnam to my home country Norway, my life journey has taken me to many beautiful countries such as Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, Australia, Malaysia, where I truly got exposed to the food culture, which may reflect in my home-cooked dishes. With this site, I hope to inspire and encourage you to take a break (short, long, or very long - you decide) and do what you love doing but that you haven't set a date for. Just do it, make it happen :) Kort oppsummert: Norsk-Vietnameser i Paris pa jakt etter mening med livet...

Saturday 8 March 2014

1st live cooking @ Ferrandi training restaurant

After one month of training, we are considered ready to cook live at Le Premier, one of Ferrandi's two training restaurants.

Two groups of students to cook 46 portions for lunch and 66 for dinner. Each group had a different
menu and each group has he following dishes: amuse bouche (apetizer), starter, fish, and meat. I was allocated to a "Starter" station with two fellow classmates.

It was an intense but interesting learning experience. Thank God it's Friday and weekend.

So what did we cook? Many nice dishes :)
Mini burger (bun made with squid ink)

Lots of garnish
Entree - salmon roll with goat cheese, salmon rillette, gravlax, lemon confit coulis,  grapefruit espuma
Baked scallop with julienne vegetables in beurre nouilly prat sauce

Duck, mille-feuille gratinated potatoes, duck springroll and garnish
Happy weekend,

Maison Emil Paris :)


No comments:

Post a Comment