About Me

My photo
Many things (both good and less good) have happened in my life lately, so in November 2013 I decided to take a break from the "Corporate world" to sort out my life situation. One of many things that I decided to do was to learn more about cooking, because food has always been a passion of mine. From my native Vietnam to my home country Norway, my life journey has taken me to many beautiful countries such as Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, Australia, Malaysia, where I truly got exposed to the food culture, which may reflect in my home-cooked dishes. With this site, I hope to inspire and encourage you to take a break (short, long, or very long - you decide) and do what you love doing but that you haven't set a date for. Just do it, make it happen :) Kort oppsummert: Norsk-Vietnameser i Paris pa jakt etter mening med livet...

Tuesday 18 March 2014

Wine @breakfast :)

The wine class is of great value to me. To learn about and understand different wines and wine producing regions of France is important in the French cuisine. It gives me a basic idea how different dishes can be paired with different wines.

Alsace region with a troubled past
At 9am the wine journey takes me to Alsace, to dry Riesling and late harvest sweet Gewürztraminer - the latter paired well with the Alsacian Munster cheese with cumin seeds.

Great wine class and nice wine for breakfast. Looking already forward to next wine class in two weeks, when we will be tasting Bordeaux wines.

Happy tasting,

Maison Emil Paris :) 
L: Dry Riesling - R: Late harvest Gewürztraminer
Wine tasting with Munster cheese
Late harvest often means over-riped grapes and good sweet wine :)

No comments:

Post a Comment