About Me

My photo
Many things (both good and less good) have happened in my life lately, so in November 2013 I decided to take a break from the "Corporate world" to sort out my life situation. One of many things that I decided to do was to learn more about cooking, because food has always been a passion of mine. From my native Vietnam to my home country Norway, my life journey has taken me to many beautiful countries such as Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, Australia, Malaysia, where I truly got exposed to the food culture, which may reflect in my home-cooked dishes. With this site, I hope to inspire and encourage you to take a break (short, long, or very long - you decide) and do what you love doing but that you haven't set a date for. Just do it, make it happen :) Kort oppsummert: Norsk-Vietnameser i Paris pa jakt etter mening med livet...

Sunday 7 September 2014

Strawberry 2 ways

Want to have something fresh for dessert? Try the below dish ...

Dried cranberries maserated in white wine and limoncello, strawberry sorbet, and fresh strawberries (cut in 4) :)

Maserate and leave in a glass jar
100 g dried cranberries
100 gr dry white wine
25 gr limoncello

Strawberry sorbet 
In the professional kitchen, we get to use this wonderful machine called PacoJet to make sorbet and icecream. But you can also make your own sorbet without PacoJet if you have a freezer at home. 

300g strawberries
100g sugar
50g glucose 
150 ml water

To make syrup, bring water, sugar and glucose to a boil. Set aside and chill. Pour the syrup over the strawberries. Blend. Cover. Freeze. Take out and stir occasionally.

Bon appetit,
Maison Emil Paris

No comments:

Post a Comment