About Me

My photo
Many things (both good and less good) have happened in my life lately, so in November 2013 I decided to take a break from the "Corporate world" to sort out my life situation. One of many things that I decided to do was to learn more about cooking, because food has always been a passion of mine. From my native Vietnam to my home country Norway, my life journey has taken me to many beautiful countries such as Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, Australia, Malaysia, where I truly got exposed to the food culture, which may reflect in my home-cooked dishes. With this site, I hope to inspire and encourage you to take a break (short, long, or very long - you decide) and do what you love doing but that you haven't set a date for. Just do it, make it happen :) Kort oppsummert: Norsk-Vietnameser i Paris pa jakt etter mening med livet...

Thursday 23 October 2014

Apple orange cinnamon crumble

Halloween is upon us, meaning the autumn has come for real in Paris, at least colourful leaves can be seen on the trees :) It's time for my favourite easy-to-make dessert, CRUMBLE :)
nothing like a nice warm crumble on an autumn day :)
Recipe for apple orange crumble (6 portions):

Crumble:
125 gr flour
60 gr brown sugar
80 gr butter in cubes
1 teaspoon salt

Garnish:
Zest from 1 orange
5 apples - peeled, seeds removed and chopped (coarsely)
1 orange - segment and then chopped
15 gr butter (approx 1 tablespoon)
60 gr brown sugar (if you use sour/green apples, then increase to 80 grams)
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon lemon - to avoid the apples turning brown

Tools
Blender (optional)
Pan

Method: 1. Butter the pan and keep cold
2. Mix the crumble 1 min in the blender and keep cold. 
By hand: mix sugar and flour with your hand, add butter cubes and work quickly until sandy. If your hands are too warm, just chill the crumble and mix once again before baking
3. Preheat the oven @180 c degrees
4. Melt the butter over medium heat, add chopped apple, orange, sugar, and cinnamon. Cook while stiring for 5 min.
5. Pour the apple mixture on the pan
6. Cover with crumble
7. Bake in the middle of the oven until golden brown, approx 25-30 min
8. Serve warm, with out without vanilla ice-cream :) Next day tastes even better according to my family member :)

Like this recipe? Please donate to Cycle4Girls Vietnam project :)

Happy baking,

Maison Emil Paris :)

Autumn in Paris

No comments:

Post a Comment