About Me

My photo
Many things (both good and less good) have happened in my life lately, so in November 2013 I decided to take a break from the "Corporate world" to sort out my life situation. One of many things that I decided to do was to learn more about cooking, because food has always been a passion of mine. From my native Vietnam to my home country Norway, my life journey has taken me to many beautiful countries such as Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, Australia, Malaysia, where I truly got exposed to the food culture, which may reflect in my home-cooked dishes. With this site, I hope to inspire and encourage you to take a break (short, long, or very long - you decide) and do what you love doing but that you haven't set a date for. Just do it, make it happen :) Kort oppsummert: Norsk-Vietnameser i Paris pa jakt etter mening med livet...

Thursday 2 October 2014

Cycle4Girls Vietnam by Plan Netherlands

Yes, I am challenging myself to help Plan Netherlands fight for better living conditions and give girls in Vietnam the education they deserve. I will cycle along coastal roads and paddy fields, and I will meet the sponsor children and their families in traditional villages.

Photo courtesy Plan Netherlands
Photo courtesy Plan Netherlands

About Cycle4Girls project by Plan Nederland:
"Faced with the daily realities of widespread poverty, violence and discrimination, one in every three girls is denied the education she deserves; one in every four girls is sexually abused by the time she is 18 and all girls are three times more likely to suffer from malnutrition than boys.

Girls are subjected to child marriage and gender-based violence, suffer poor reproductive and sexual health through the lack of sexual education and hygiene, and experience daily gender discrimination in school. With your support, however, Plan Netherlands can challenge the structural barriers to gender equality in developing countries.

The 2013 Plan Australia Cycle4Girls raised €78,000, and their 2014 departure raised a further €80,000. As part of the Plan Netherlands Cycle4Girls, the funds each participant raises will sponsor a girl in a developing country for three years. With your help, this girl will benefit from improved health though Plan programs focusing on reproductive health and hygiene, and enjoy greater access to free, quality education."


Learn more how you can make a difference:
https://www.pifworld.com/en/people/TramCl/16251/blog/6961

I have four months to raise money and to get fit for a 300 km bike ride throughout Vietnam.
4 days cycling, 2 days project visit.

Day 1 cycling distance: 80km, Huong Hiep-Dong Ha
Day 2 cycling distance: 100km, Dong Ha-Dong Hoi
Day 3 cycling distance: 90km, Dong Hoi - Minh Hoa
Day 4 cycling distance: 30km, Minh Hoa-Donh Ha 

Take care, and thanks in advance for making a difference too.

Maison Emil Paris :)

No comments:

Post a Comment