About Me

My photo
Many things (both good and less good) have happened in my life lately, so in November 2013 I decided to take a break from the "Corporate world" to sort out my life situation. One of many things that I decided to do was to learn more about cooking, because food has always been a passion of mine. From my native Vietnam to my home country Norway, my life journey has taken me to many beautiful countries such as Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, Australia, Malaysia, where I truly got exposed to the food culture, which may reflect in my home-cooked dishes. With this site, I hope to inspire and encourage you to take a break (short, long, or very long - you decide) and do what you love doing but that you haven't set a date for. Just do it, make it happen :) Kort oppsummert: Norsk-Vietnameser i Paris pa jakt etter mening med livet...

Monday 27 October 2014

Dumpling filling recipe

This "multipurpose" filling recipe is suitable for wonton as well as for dumpling. You can also make meatballs and add those in your noodle or macaroni soup. It's quite meaty as there is no vegetables added. I prefer either pure meat or pure vegetable dumpling filling, but you are welcome to mix :)
wonderful smell thanks to kaffir line zest
Ingredients (approx 30 dumplings)
175 gr ground porc
75 gr shrimps (raw, defrozen)
1 tablespoon fish sauce - some fish sauce brands are very salty (I find the "squid" brand not salty) 
1 tablespoon sweet soy - I often use this instead of sugar in filling mixtures
1 tablespoon non-olive oil
1 teaspoon sesame oil

Seasonings
1 small shallot
1 clove of garlic - crushed
Ground pepper 
Kaffir lime zest - a bit only (optional) - lovely citrus smell but very powerful 
Coriander (cilantro) - a bit
Piment d'espelette (optional) - 1/4 teaspoon or a good pinch (not spicy)
French pepper

Love the smell of kaffir lime zest (crushed lemongrass as substitute)
Method
  • Add meat, prawn, fish sauce, soy sauce and oils in a blender and mix well. 
    • If using Thermomix, choose "turbo" 1 second function, repeat 3 times.
  • Add the seasoning and blend again. 
    • Reason why I add seasonings last is because I don't want to crush the shallot, herbs 
sweet soy, fish sauce, sesame oil

  • Let is rest for 15-20 min (so that the flavours are well marinated/incorporated)
ready to fill
Like this recipe? Please donate to my Cycle4Girls Vietnam project

Have fun,

No comments:

Post a Comment