About Me

My photo
Many things (both good and less good) have happened in my life lately, so in November 2013 I decided to take a break from the "Corporate world" to sort out my life situation. One of many things that I decided to do was to learn more about cooking, because food has always been a passion of mine. From my native Vietnam to my home country Norway, my life journey has taken me to many beautiful countries such as Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, Australia, Malaysia, where I truly got exposed to the food culture, which may reflect in my home-cooked dishes. With this site, I hope to inspire and encourage you to take a break (short, long, or very long - you decide) and do what you love doing but that you haven't set a date for. Just do it, make it happen :) Kort oppsummert: Norsk-Vietnameser i Paris pa jakt etter mening med livet...

Monday 27 October 2014

KIS gluten free cake

Hi there,

Cleanup day and I really want to use up the following items:
  • Yogurt
  • Hasselnuts
  • Left over cranberries in limoncello syrup
What to do?
Answer: make a KIS (Keep It Simple) cake - why complicate when you can keep it simple???? :)

Result: a 100% gluten free, moist, and tasty cake, which is quick to make, thanks to my new Thermomix :)

KIS cake
Ingredients: 
70 gr hasselnut flour (30 second blending and my hasselnuts turned into powder - ha, what a powerful engine)
100 gr tapioca flour
50 gr chestnut flour
130 gr greek or natural yogurt (do not use light)
2 eggs
1 teaspoon cardamom
100 gr sugar
100 gr vegetable oil
2 tablespoons cranberry limoncello syrup (just substitute with orange juice
1/4 teaspoon kaffir lime zest (strong)
1 teaspoon baking soda

Method: 
Preheat the oven at 180C degrees
Add everything in Thermomix and press on "Turbo 1 Second" and blitz. Repeat 3 times => 3 seconds and the cake batter is ready :)
If using other blender,  it may take longer, do not overmix.
Bake for 45 min

Serving tip: 
Just "as is" with berries, or as genoise covered with chocolate custard :)

Like this recipe? Please donate to my Cycle4Girls Vietnam project

Yum,
Maison Emil Paris :)
KIS cake soaked in chocolate custard
Mix it all together

No comments:

Post a Comment